Saturday, September 27, 2008

the sea is a healer

The sea is a healer.
It washes away my footsteps. Washes away my past.
As i stare into the black waters. Music. The gushing of the waves against my feet.
The ever crumpling soft sand felt the intrusion of my weight.
So conforming. Just like me.
Yet the current keeps coming. And moulds it back to shape. Somehow, the chilling night sea breeze. Felt the pores on my skin. Unravels the true me.
The air reaches deep behind that face.
Behind these eyes within. And gently reaches into the vulnerable me.

Suddenly it seems so easy to breathe...
I'm not suffocating anymore.
My feet played the mysterious soil below and danced lightly. So beautiful, the sinking feeling. It just melts my soul, this beautiful creation and interweaving of all peace.

Beyond the end waves lies blindly black water. Yet this time, black is not ugly anymore.
So addictive, so appealing and inviting. Take another step forward.
My shorts are wet now. But something in me tells me it doesn't matter anymore. I want to go deeper. Into freedom.
Not enslaved by the needs of this world and the likes of the future. This is sin.
Another step forward.

Now the water feels warmer. And it gets darker. Soothing tunes melt into my soul. So enchanting so tempting.
Unintended peace planted in my heart. I sniffed in. Closed my eyes. Took an unsteady step forward.
No.
A shiver came down. Like sent from heaven. It jolted me awake. But i wanted to sleep into this lovely waters.
It got colder again. And my eyes felt dry now, not moist like before. I'm part of this.

This lovely dark scene.
Its my possession now. Mine.
And i belong here. Not anywhere else. Not that ugly filthy place.
I stared down the dim vast plain, stretching across and stars. There. Out there.
Could i fly there and kiss the angels?
My existence is not restrained by years now. I'll be here for eternity. Unafraid finally. I can wander like the breeze i so envied.


No. No! Suddenly i gravitate back here. Visions of heaven morphed into voidness.
I'm in this chamber of foolish dreams.
In this pursuit of noth.

I peered down my own feel. Why? Why is it that while i so yearn to belong out there, the waves seems to try time and time again to climb to earth. Forcefully trying to reach higher.
How foolish, i said. And i walked away.
An urgent human need to use the restroom.

And as i walked back, i see this beautiful scene.
This young girl and her mother dancing together. Glowing slightly under the moonlight. They were blowing bubbles.
And as i stand in the direction of the wind, metres away from this exquisite form of painting, the wind throws the hundred of bubbles into a ballad.
Glittering in rainbows, swirling as the moving air, into me. All around me, racing each other in this performance. For me.
Just for me.

Its gorgeous. Beyond word description. And the bubbles. Jewels of air kept flowing.
Pretty. Phenomenal.
So this is why even the waters wanted here. Just to see this angelic pretty little lifeform and her blessed art of heaven.

No comments: